Hosting a dinner party soon? The dining table is where people come together, so make it the spot that celebrates your signature style while providing an array of scrumptious food and drink.
Here’s how to get your dining area party perfect with some quick and easy tweaks:
1. Swap Standard Chairs for a Bench or Ottomans for a quirkier, laid-back touch.
2. Add some flowers and plants, even if it’s just a small arrangement on the table.
3. Refresh the lighting fixtures – go for something with dramatic patterns for a trendy effect.
4. Boost the colour scheme – change up the curtain shades or placemats.
5. Put up a blackboard – great for organisation (and aids in party games).
In addition, you could also have:
- A table cloth on the dining table (it doesn’t have to be bare).
- Nearby mixmatched chairs or bean bags around the dining table (to accommodate for more people).
- Incense Candles.
- A statement rug under the dining table (in case the floor feels too cold).
- Fruit Bowl, nuts & lolly jars
Love interior design and want more tips? Take a look at our Vintage Crate Design Ideas and Decorating with Leather for some extra inspiration. Also, our Tolix Marais Chairs article is perfect for dining table inspiration.