Talk to our consultants
Perth Metro
(08) 9241 1600
South West
(08) 9792 2388
Developments by Ventura Homes

What is the property development approval process?

There are a number of approvals that are required in order for your property development project to commence. There may be a demolition license required, approvals for boundary walls, retaining, planning applications or building licenses.

Some of these approval forms can be found from various Local and State Government websites.

To receive the Building Permit the following approvals or licenses are required if applicable to the job:

  • Demolition license – to get this license the property is required to be vacated and the demolition company rat bait the premises.
  • Neighbours approval for boundary walls.
  • Neighbours approval for dropped footings.
  • Neighbours approval for retaining walls.
  • Neighbours approval for removal of existing fencing.
  • In addition to the Building permit approvals from Water Corporation and Western Power are required prior to the fob going to site.
  • Proof of ownership of the site is required before the builder can start construction. Either a copy of the settlement statement or title is sufficient.
  • Proof the project can be funded is the last approval required before the file can go to construction. Subject to how you’re funding the project, the Builder requires written confirmation from the lender that you have sufficient funds to cover the construction amount.