With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, love is certainly in the air.
However, don’t think you have to spend a fortune on fancy dinners out to celebrate this special day with the one you love.
So, how can you celebrate Valentine’s Day at home? Easy! We’ve come up with some great ideas to get you started – featuring some of our gorgeous display homes as inspiration. Check them out below and get ready to be creative!
1. Take it outside
If you have a cosy alfresco like The Altitude has to offer, then this will make the perfect setting for your cosy Valentine’s night in! Amp up the romance with some scented candles, some throw rugs for snuggling under, and a chilled bottle of champagne (with accompanying cheese platter, of course). Add your favourite romantic tunes and you’re good to go!
2. Snuggle up with a movie
Thanks to awesome media rooms like the one in The Escala, it’s never been easier to bring the movies to your home! Grab your collection of romantic movies (anything by Richard Curtis is a good starting point), add some cosy throw rugs and mix together some cocktails. Don’t forget your movie snacks – popcorn, choc tops and a bag of lollies. Delish!
3. Relax with a bubble bath
If you have a gorgeous deep bathtub like the one on display at The Edge V2, then put it to good use this Valentine’s Day! Run a deep, relaxing bath (bonus points if you add rose petals), add some bath salts and have an ice-cold bottle of champagne at hand.
4. Prepare your own romantic dinner
They say the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach – so what better way to start than by creating your own Valentine’s Day feast? Plus, if your kitchen is as fancy as The Villa Ravenna‘s, it’ll really feel like a special treat. Make sure to add some candles and some cosy background tunes to set the mood!
5. Go for a swim
Hey, it’s still summer… so a late night dip in the pool is definitely something you can enjoy this Valentine’s Day (check out the gorgeous pool at The Sentosa for some inspiration). And, because you’re in the privacy of your own home, you can even opt for a cheeky skinny dip. 😉
If you fell in love with those ideas (and the gorgeous display homes that inspired them), then you’ll be happy to know that we have a few more Valentine’s Day tips up our sleeves! These ones feature some of our newest display homes, all with plenty of features to love. Check them out:
- Enjoy a romantic stargazing sesh from the privacy of your own backyard.
- Get gooey with some chocolate fondue (with marshmallows, fruit and biscuits to dip in).
- Curl up together with a good book, or even dig out some board games for a cosy night in!
- Put a picnic basket together, grab some throw rugs and head outdoors for a romantic picnic under the stars.
- Head to the kitchen to try out a new recipe inspired by recent overseas adventures, or create your own cocktail recipes.
- Clear the floor for some serious dancing.
- Go casual and make your own pizzas!
- Amp up the relaxation vibe with a special aromatherapy massage.