Top Places in Perth to Celebrate the Melbourne Cup
Ladies and gent’s, it’s that time of year again – get out your best frock, dust off that fascinator, choose your suit and polish those shoes – it’s time to prepare for The Melbourne Cup.
The iconic Australian race that will stop the entire nation is happening on Tuesday 4th November 2014. Got the day off work? Here’s what’s happening around Perth on the day:
Ascot is one of Perth’s biggest Melbourne Cup parties. Watch live action from Flemington on the big screens plus a full day of live racing action. Choose from the following:
- Melbourne Cup General Admission. Ascot Racecourse is an Iconic destination to celebrate the race. Tickets $35pp plus booking and credit card fees. Book here.
- The Orchard. Located trackside on the front lawn includes casual dining and cash bar facilities featuring a Cider and Aperitivo Bar. Members $110pp, non-members $130pp plus booking and credit card fees. Menu | Book here.
- Yellowglen Marquee. Enjoy a three course luncheon and premium beverage package alongside fashion parades and entertainment on and off the track all afternoon. Members $275pp, non-members $310pp plus booking and credit card fees. Menu | Book here.
- Committee Room. Enjoy picturesque views of the track while enjoying a premium three course plated luncheon and beverage package. Members $290pp, non-members $330pp. Menu | Call 9277 0777 to book now!
The Bluewater Grill in Applecross has all-inclusive substantial canapes, food stations and 4 hour beverage packages that include bubbles, wine, beer, juice and soft drinks. There will be live entertainment by drag queen HannahConda, sweepstakes, a photobooth and of course, the race televised live. Prizes will be awarded for best dressed, best hat and best dressed couple. All for $150pp. Get the extra details and ticket info here.
Crown Perth comes to life with the excitement and energy on the day of The Melbourne Cup. Check out all the Crown events below:
- ‘Exquisite’ Grand Ballroom Event at Crown. Indulge in a three course meal and premium beverage package, with a fashion parade, sweep stakes, prizes and more. Special guests Diesel, Mahalia Barnes, Pinnie Stevens and James Tobin. Tickets $230. Menu | Ticket Purchase
- Nobu. Enjoy a decadent Omakase tasting menu featuring some of Nobu’s famous dishes, complemented by stunning wines. Also includes Clarmont Quarter Fashion parade, sweep stakes, prizes and more, hosted by Angela Tsun. Tickets $195. Menu | Call 9362 7551 to book.
- Modo Mio. Enjoy an elegant three course menu, premium beverages, fashion parades by Claremont Quarter, live entertainment, sweep stakes, door prizes and more. Tickets $180. Menu | Call 9362 7551 to book.
- Market & Co. Featuring a mouth-watering set menu, fashion parade, live music and entertainment by M.C. Tod Johnston along with Claremont Quarter Fashion parade, sweep stakes, prizes and more. Tickets $160. Menu | Call 9362 7551 to book.
- Bistro Guillaume. Experience a unique French flair here and be spoiled with canapes upon arrival and a three course menu created by chef Guillaume Brahimi, as well as view the Claremont Quarter fashion parade, sweep stakes, prizes and more. Hosted by Verity James. Tickets $195. Menu | Call 9362 7551 to book.
- Rockpool Bar & Grill. Enjoy a glass of bubbles and canapes on arrival followed by a three course menu of Neil Perry’s signature dishes. Each course is complemented by a selection of premium wines while the race will be screened live. Prices also for best dressed and best hat on the day. Tickets $225. Menu | Call 6252 1900 to book.
- Atrium Buffet. Perth’s best seafood buffet is right here while the race is televised live on multiple screens. Tickets $85. Menu | Call 9362 7551 to book.
- AFTER THE RACE: The Merrywell, Eve Nightclub or head to Jimmy Wong’s Bar and Supper Club.
Gloucester Park for a special Melbourne Cup Luncheon. Held in their Golden Nugget Room with views of the race track and a backdrop of Swan River this is set to be one of Perth’s best and biggest Melbourne Cup celebrations. For $120pp (or $920 per table of 8) you get a three course menu (with a choice between two mains) plus a full beverage package including beer, wine, sparkling and soft drinks from 11:30am to 3pm, live music, sweepstakes, door prizes, prizes for best dressed, best hat and best tie, a photobooth, free on-course parking and races televised live on the big screens. Get all the details here.
The Esplanade Hotel in Fremantle is hosting its annual Melbourne Cup Luncheon. For $110pp, get into the excitement with a glass of sparkling wine on arrival, an international buffet lunch and beverage package, all while there is prizes, sweepstakes and live coverage of the race. Info here.
The Joondalup Resort offers a few choices for the day. In its Lakeview Ballroom you will feel like you’re in a stadium with four 4-6m screens and no blind spots in the room. Fully race-decorated, a three course meal, three hours of free flowing beer, wine and soft drinks and live entertainment from the DJ at $125pp seating in tables of 10. In its Bistro 38 restaurant you have a smaller venue with multiple TV screens showing the race live while enjoying a three course meal and three hours of beer, wine and soft drinks with an additional bar selling more drinks for $90pp. Get the details, view the menu and purchase tickets here.
– MINDARIE –
The Indian Ocean Brewery is a fantastic fun filled day. Includes complimentary glass of bubbles and canapes on arrival followed by a three course lunch menu. There will be prizes given for the finest hat and best dressed Stallion while live music plays and a Myer fashion show happens. Tickets $85pp. To book call 9400 1111 or visit here for more information.
– MOUNTS BAY –
Metro Bar and Bistro on Mounts Bay Rd celebrates the Melbourne Cup in sophisticated and quirky style. For $63pp, you get a a set menu and to include beverage for 3 hours it’s $93pp. They have lots on including sweep stakes, mystery bets, door prizes, giveaways, live coverage of the race, a photo booth plus a Napoleon Beauty Parlour. Don’t fret if you’re working during the cup, they are also having an after party with beverage specials. Read here for more information.
The Hyde Park Hotel in North Perth, has a Melbourne Cup lunch for $69.00 per person, giving you a grazing (Dips, olives and toasted flatbread) and a 3 course meal with choices. Choose between duck rillettes, cured tasmanian salmon, panfried barramundi, roasted graziers beef prime rib, spinach and ricotta gnocchi, chocolate and vanilla bean ice-cream sandwich and amaretto strawberries, meringue and whipped cream. Mmmm. Read about it here.
Watch the race live from the Grand Ballroom of the Renveous Hotel in Scarborough. There will be plenty of live entertainment, a pop-up photo booth and prizes to make the day one to remember.The luncheon consists of a delicious three course meal, three hour deluxe drinks package, and a glass of French Champagne for $135.00 per person or $120.00 per person for a table of ten or more.
The Aviary in Perth (conveniently located near the Perth CBD train station) lets you celebrate in either its Bird Cage Restaurant or on its Nest Rooftop with city views.
For the Bird Cage Restaurant you’re looking at $100 pp ($95 pp for members) which includes a 3 course lunch with a glass of Mumm or Peroni on arrival plus races televised live, prizes for best dressed, prizes for best hat and sweeps. On the rooftop, it’s $60pp ($55 for members) and you get canapes and a glass of Mumm, Peroni or a Pim’s Cocktail on arrival plus races televised live on big screen and DJ beats from 5pm. Check out all the info at The Aviary here.
PERTH CONVENTION & EXHIBITION CENTRE
Princess Margaret Hospital will be holding their Melbourne Cup Lunch at the Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre for $160pp or $1600 for a table of 10. It includes a delicious three course lunch, all beverages (beer, wine, sparkling, soft drinks, tea and coffee), live race coverage, a fashion parade by Betty Tran, live entertainment, raffles and sweepstakes and prizes for best dressed on the day. And it’s all for a good cause too. Tickets on sale at Ticketek or call 132 849. More info on the menu here.
The Gate Bar and Bistro offers a delightful three course lunch for $78pp with complimentary champagne or beer on arrival as well as a complimentary mystery bet. Otherwise you can head into their Garden Bar Cocktail Event for $60pp, also including champagne or beer on arrival and gourmet canapes throughout the day. Sweepstakes throughout the day, with prizes for the best dressed, super-screen viewing and full TAB facilities. Get the menu and more details here.
-THE VINES, (SWAN VALLEY)-
Novotel Vines Resort in the historic and scenic Swan Valley is a country club atmosphere that offers a glass of bubbles on arrival followed by a delicious three course lunch for $77pp. There will be prizes for best dressed and best hat, as well as cup sweeps available. Stay the night for $199 per night. Menu | To call book 9297 3000 or visit here for more information.
Know of any more hot spots throwing a wicket Melbourne Cup party in Perth this year? Let me know & Tweet me.